[Arm-dev] libgpiod on Centos 7/8

Wed Jun 10 11:50:35 UTC 2020
Pablo Sebastián Greco <pablo at fliagreco.com.ar>

On 9/6/20 20:30, R C wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I figured out that in order to use  the pull up/down resistors on an
> RPI, using libgpiod one would need
>
> to have a kernel version 5.5.0 or greater.
Do you have a reference to the patch that implements this? if it is
small enough it could be backported

> I belive currently we are at 5.42,  with 7.8.2003 ?  Is there gong to
> be a 5.5.x kernel in a later version of Centos 7.x or
>
> is that going to be a Centos 8 'thing'?
The current plan for both 7 and 8 is to use the latest LTS kernel,
that's why 7.8 was upgraded from 4.19 to 5.4, and the same thing will
happen with 8.2.
If the all goes the same way that it was the previous years, 2020's LTS
kernel should be 5.9 (normally it is the last kernel of the year), so we
should start using that kernel a few months after that. In the meantime,
we'll stay with 5.4

> Ron

Pablo.