[Arm-dev] wlan0 link is not ready.

Sat May 2 17:39:48 UTC 2020
R C <cjvijf at gmail.com>

>> in a network script,  I was wondering if 'it'  was waiting for a ipv6
>> address or so
> You may need to disable it in the kernel module, (ipv6.disable=1 or
> smething like that)

I never had to do that.  I  replace some networking stuff
(router/switch)  every seemed to have survived the transition, except 3 RPIs

(it should just get an IP with dhcp/wireless, but somehow it started
complaining about wlan0

>>> Which image doesn't work? All the latest versions are in
>>> http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/isos/armhfp/
>>
>> That is the one for RPI3,  right?  Does that work on the RPI4 too?
> Those are for both, that is why I asked. In fact, in the link there
> are 3 images that could boot in rpi3 (the generic one, with a normal
> kernel, the rpi-minimal, with kernel from rpi foundation, and the
> rpi-minimal-4 which also works on the raspberrypi4)

good to know, I wondered what the differences are

>>> That depends on how ipv6 is disabled, but even so, that looks more
>>> like a warning than an actual error.
>>

>> That's what I thought, just wondering if it actually is.
> Since you're not actually using ipv6, you can ignore it

right, on "regular machines" when configuring network stuff, I disable it

thanks,

Ron