[Arm-dev] Marvell MVPP2 NIC support

Mon Nov 2 19:15:14 UTC 2020
Pablo Sebastián Greco <pablo at fliagreco.com.ar>

On 2/11/20 15:27, Marcin Wojtas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After installing Centos8.2 on Marvell CN9132 based platform I noticed
> that compared to altarch7-aarch64 support the Marvell MVPP2 NIC
> support was dropped.
>
> In order to enable it we would need to add
> CONFIG_ARCH_MVEBU=y
> CONFIG_MVPP2=m
> to the SOURCES/kernel-aarch64.config & SOURCES/kernel-aarch64-debug.config
The difference is exatly there, in the altarch. For 8.x, aarch64 is an
official RH Arch, so we use the same configs that they provide.
The only way I see is though the proper Stream channels, I mean filing
an issue in bugzilla.redhat.com under  CentOS Stream, providing the
patch and seeing where that goes.
It would be interesting to check in the 8.x release notes if this driver
wasn't specifically deprecated.
If it were x86_64, we could add it to the plus kernel, but I think we
don't build it for aarch64.

Wrt altarch kernels (5.4.x at the moment), we use the same configs for
7.x and 8.x, so hopefully we'll be able to build and release them soon
for 8.x too.