[Arm-dev] Software collection rh-php73 amv7

Fri Jan 29 11:27:53 UTC 2021
mark <mark at havak.nl>

Hello,

Over the past time received an increasing amount of request for the rh-php73 Software Collection on armv7.
Mainly to be able to run nextcloud but also zabbix 5.0 requires php7x.
For full disclosure: the request come from the Nethserver community,
which provides a all-in-one smb server based on CentOS x86_64.
And the arm port of this is a small scale community effort.

This being out of the way,
I have rebuild the bare minimum rh-hph73 packages to install nextcloud without issues.(1)
Just pushed the source packages through mock to rebuild them for armv7,
first tests are encouraging.

So far so good, problem is my build system is me and my keyboard.
Which is not a very sustainable way to maintain rh-php73 for armv7.
See a lot of nice hardware posted to the list,
to be frank a bit above the budget I'm willing to put in this community effort.

Are there other people on this list who want to join the effort
to provide an unofficial community driven armv7 port of rh-hph7x?
Or is this even on the white-board at the CentOS altarch sig?
Until now did not find a public build-system for armv7 el7 does this exist?

Any suggestions are welcome.

1) development repository with first results:
__Note__ this is development do not use it in a real life application!
https://vps01.havak.nl/nethserver/7/devel/