[Arm-dev] Centos 7 rpi 5.10 kernel

Sun Mar 28 08:22:10 UTC 2021
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 28/03/2021 08:14, Martin Meadows wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Is there a view on when yum-update on rpi could be expected to deliver
> the 5.10 kernel ?
>
> I'm forwarding to using wireguard across a large number of deployed
> Pi(s) with the kernel module being kept up-to-date when yum-update
> applies kernel updates.
>
> Cheers - Martin

I guess it depends on the image you're using, but if you used the rpi
variant (using rpi kernel, so normally images tagged with *RaspberryPI*
and located on mirrors, like
http://centos-altarch.reloumirrors.net/7.9.2009/isos/armhfp/) , it's
automatic

Try a yum update on my rpi3b+ and it triggers the update :

Installing:
 raspberrypi2-kernel         armv7hl 5.10.23-v7.1.el7
centos-kernel                                  21 M

Are your using the *generic* image instead ? As that repo doesn't have
(yet) 5.10 :
http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/kernel/armhfp/kernel-generic/Packages/ while
they are there for rpi kernel :
http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/kernel/armhfp/kernel-rpi2/Packages/