[Arm-dev] Centos 7 rpi 5.10 kernel

Sun Mar 28 19:12:40 UTC 2021
Martin Meadows <martin at netconfigs.com>

Hi Pablo/Fabian,

The timing is amazing, I raised my question this morning (28th) but had
failed to realise that yum-cron yesterday coincidentally delivered 5.10 to
our complement of Pi(s).

Also, you're right,I hadn't noticed that wireguards.ko has been in 5.4 from
.88 or possibly earlier.

In answer to the question, all the Pi(s) have been built from the
CentOS-Userland-7-armv7hl-RaspberryPI-Minimal images, hopefully that
explains my good fortune.

Many thanks - Martin

Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 10:22:10 +0200
From: Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>
To: arm-dev at centos.org
Subject: Re: [Arm-dev] Centos 7 rpi 5.10 kernel

I guess it depends on the image you're using, but if you used the rpi
variant (using rpi kernel, so normally images tagged with *RaspberryPI* and
located on mirrors, like
http://centos-altarch.reloumirrors.net/7.9.2009/isos/armhfp/) , it's
automatic

Try a yum update on my rpi3b+ and it triggers the update :

Installing:
 raspberrypi2-kernel         armv7hl 5.10.23-v7.1.el7
centos-kernel                                  21 M

Are your using the *generic* image instead ? As that repo doesn't have
(yet) 5.10 :
http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/kernel/armhfp/kernel-generic/Packages/
while they are there for rpi kernel :
http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/kernel/armhfp/kernel-rpi2/Packages/