[Arm-dev] Consider updating uboot-tools

Fri May 21 11:20:19 UTC 2021
Pablo Sebastián Greco <pablo at fliagreco.com.ar>

On 20/5/21 14:29, mark wrote:
> Hello list (maintainer of uboot-tools),
>
> I'd like to bring a nice enhancement of u-boot to you attention;
> looks like with commit (1) u-boot will call the efi boot manager before falling back to the default removable-media location:
> EFI/BOOT on the (fat32) efi partition
>
> If I understand correctly this would take care of the fedora-path patch issue still carried in CentOS u-boot.
> As a matter of fact fedora dropped the uefi-use-Fedora-specific-path-name.patch (2)
>
> As per subject: IMHO this is a extra incentive to update the fairly old uboot-tools :)
>

> (1)
> https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/commit/f3866909e35074ea6f50226d40487a180de1132f#diff-0d6dac967f6e3b4225bf29445a4c7fc95450b2da47dcf4e1141a9f466c561fa1
>
> (2)
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/uboot-tools/c/6209cab21ad85061b66d6be412c5f445b05b3995?branch=rawhide

Hello Mark,

Updating uboot has been in my to-do list for a while and it keeps being
delayed due to lack of time. My main problem is that I try to build it
for 7 and 8, armhfp/aarch64 and there are some tools that I need to
backport from Fedora to correctly do that.
I have some PoC tools from a few months ago that I'll try to revive,
we'll see how that goes.

Thanks.
Pablo.