[Arm-dev] Centos 9 status?

Mon Feb 21 14:55:10 UTC 2022
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Mon, 21 Feb 2022 at 09:35, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:

> Greetings and long time not been around.
>
> I am looking at getting a current Centos-arm DNS server going and
> managed with Webmin instead of doing it myself (currently running my DNS
> on Cubieboard2 and Centos7 all zones hand-crafted).
>
> So I was looking at getting Centos8-arm and noticed that EoL is
> 6/30/2024!  What?

I have a lot of questions in order to try and answer anything here. When
you are speaking about arm, do you mean arm32 or aarch64? Also where did
you see the EoL notice? CentOS Stream 8 does end in June 30, 2024 but I
don't know where anything mentions CentOS Linux arm for that date.

> The main Centos list talks about Stream 9, but nothing about Linux 9.

There will be no CentOS Linux 9, there will only be CentOS Stream 9.