[Arm-dev] Centos 9 status?

Mon Feb 21 18:15:36 UTC 2022
David <david at daku.org>

At 10:02 AM 2/21/2022, you wrote:

>On 2/21/22 12:47, Trent Creekmore wrote:

>>>Interesting and sad.  I actually ran WhiteHat
>>>back in the day and move to Centos when
>>>WhiteHat stopped getting updates.  Single
>>>person distro could be like that back
>>>then.  I did not start using Fedora until 6 before I would trust it.
>>>
>>>Now I only have Centos on arm32.  Just turned
>>>off my ClearOS6 server for a QNAP NAS.
>>>
>>>I am looking for what I am going to replace my
>>>Centos arm32 DNS server with.  So far,
>>>nothing commercial is priced right and does
>>>what little I need.  So Centos8 with Webmin
>>>seemed likely.  But the above article says
>>>that Centos8 is already past EoL!  Not 2029...
>>>
>>>My mail server is actually RedSleeve6!  And I
>>>am considering a asustor NAS as only a
>>>mailserver as its replacement (unless someone
>>>can recommend another arm mailserver for multiple domains).
>>>
>>>So at age 72, it is coming to a wrap for
>>>me.  I will continue with Fedora on my
>>>notebook, but various servers, will where
>>>possible go to supported boxes like the QNAP.

Robert:
For many of the reasons you have encountered, I
reluctantly left Centos and moved to Ubuntu.  The
transition wasn't trivial, but I adapted my
maintenance scripts to it, and they're doing just
fine on Raspberry Pi 3, Macpro Servers, and x64
boxes.  I no longer have any x86 boxes, so I
can't say anything about 32-bit intel/amd
systems.  I had to learn several utilities, like
Netplan, was forced into Firewalld and systemd,
and had to figure out where several configuration
files were.  But it all worked.  I wish you luck.
David