[CentOS-announce] CEEA:2006:0303-001 CentOS 4 x86_64 yumex Enhancement - update (extras only)

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Mar 3 10:35:41 UTC 2006

CEEA:2006:0303-001 CentOS 4 x86_64 yumex Enhancement - update (extras
only)

Yum Extender (yumex) has been added to CentOS-4 x86_64 extras.

Yum is the official (and preferred) CentOS installation and update tool.

yumex is a Graphical User Interface for the yum.

Special thanks to the yumex maintainer Tim Lauridsen for working with
the CentOS team to roll in several of our suggested changes into this
version of yumex. Tim also backported all the code he has done for
yum-2.5.x so we can use it with the 2.4.x series of yum that is included
in CentOS-4 ... and Tim has graciously accepted our request to maintain
yumex for CentOS.

You can install yumex with the command (if you have the extras repo
enabled):

yum install yumex

The following files are uploaded and syncing to the mirrors:

x86_64:
yumex-0.99.11-1.0.c4.noarch.rpm

src:
yumex-0.99.11-1.0.c4.src.rpm