[CentOS-announce] My God, it is full of stars

Ralph Angenendt ralph at centos.org
Mon Dec 1 18:07:08 UTC 2008

And it is fast! And big! And louder!

What is? The new CentOS mail server is, which coincidentally also hosts
the mailing lists you are reading right now.

After three short hours and (AFAICS) no lost mail we now have the following
situation:

The mailq on the old mail server now is empty, while the new one is already
fighting with stale dns info, unknown users, deferrals and so on. Normal
insanity, I'd say.

One word to our moderators and/or mailing list administrators: Everything
should work as it did on the old machine. If your list *admin* password isn't
working anymore, please drop me a mail so we can clear that up.

Everybody else: Send even more mails! The infrastructure for that is here now!

Cheers,

Ralph