[CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 x86_64 Vagrant Box

Karanbir Singh kbsingh at centos.org
Mon Jun 8 15:52:09 UTC 2015

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability for CentOS Linux 7
x86_64 images for Vagrant.

This image represents a minimal install set, that lines up with the user
expectation for our Cloud Images, our ISO based Minimal installer and
the default minimal install profile from the in-distro install options.

Images are released for the VirtualBox and LibVirt providers ( more
providers coming soon ). They are also available on the Vagrant Cloud /
Atlas service at : https://atlas.hashicorp.com/centos/boxes/7

Anyone using vagrant already can get started with the following two
commands :

vagrant init centos/7
vagrant up

--------
The backing files are available for direct download at :
* LibVirt:
http://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/vagrant/x86_64/images/CentOS-7-Vagrant-1505-x86_64-01.LibVirt.box
sha256: 49ac77893c1609d9d79b1b3f1fd0526d77a01cb62563c7c507099c5ab785a6f1

* VirtualBox:
http://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/vagrant/x86_64/images/CentOS-7-Vagrant-1505-x86_64-01.box
sha256: 572c5ce3fc4e1a1efe274f5c30bc1645240bf1702fcdcd1976e67988d04df001

* Generic Qcow2:
http://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/vagrant/x86_64/images/CentOS-7-Vagrant-1505-x86_64-01.qcow2
sha256: 70e703fa22f09dd0257bfe0e625a33f3cf2d7a98d5264ac75fdf1aa06336d1b3

Note: this generic qcow2 file is pre-seeded with the vagrant user, and
can be used to setup backing instances for more providers.

--------
If you intend to hardcode urls into automation scripts etc, I highly
recommend using the short link urls, these point at the latest released
image set and will be updated when backing media is updated for security
issues, bugfix, feature upgrades.

virtualbox:
http://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/vagrant/x86_64/images/CentOS-7.box

libvirt:
http://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/vagrant/x86_64/images/CentOS-7.LibVirt.box

--------
Update cycles for these images is currently set to once per month, but
we might update out of band for major security issues. Every update will
see a new image set released, with the short link urls pointed to the
new images. all image updates will be announced to the centos-announce list.

We welcome all feedback, find us on the CentOS-Devel list
(http://lists.centos.org ), or in #centos-devel on irc.freenode.net or
on our issue tracker at http://bugs.centos.org/

Enjoy,

--
Karanbir Singh, Project Lead, The CentOS Project
+44-207-0999389 | http://www.centos.org/ | twitter.com/CentOS