[CentOS-announce] [Infra] - Major outage for several services (please read)
arrfab at centos.org
Tue Sep 13 17:36:32 UTC 2016
As pre-announced earlier this year
we'll have to move a part of our existing hardware to a new DC.
That means that the following public services will be powered off and
- https://cbs.centos.org (Koji build farm front end and also
builders/storage nodes behind)
- https://accounts.centos.org (auth backend)
- https://ci.centos.org (jenkins-driven CI environment and all nodes in
that dedicated/isolated environment)
What does that mean ?
- Nobody from the SIGs (https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup)
will be able to submit build jobs/tasks (so no update at all during that
- No CI job will be able to track CBS nor external repositories (and so
that means also that http://artifacts.ci.centos.org will be unreachable)
- Not possible for existing users to update their details on
accounts.centos.org, and not possible to create new accounts either
We're working on a plan to minimize the downtime/reconfiguration part,
but at first sight, due to the hardware move of the racks/cabling
parts/etc, the announced downtime will be probably ~48h.
Migration is scheduled for """"Monday October 10th, 1:00 pm UTC time"""".
You can convert to local time with $(date -d '2016-10-10 13:00 UTC')
We'll start to restore services as soon as possible, while working in
coordination with the DC people closely (and after validation about
network ports, connection)
During this period you can come talk to us in #centos-devel and we will
be posting updates there.
on behalf of the Infra team,
The CentOS Project | http://www.centos.org
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the CentOS-announce