[CentOS-announce] New Errata Query Scripts for CentOS Linux 7 Updates

Tue Aug 2 19:31:33 UTC 2022
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

You may have noticed no announcemenst for the last several weeks for
CentOS Linux 7, though the updates have been happening.

This article explains that Red Hat has decommissioned the
'|api.access.redhat.com/rs' API for queries.

https://access.redhat.com/articles/6873281

This was the service I was using to query data for announcements for
CentOS 7 errata.  I used that article to find new endpoints, which
required a rewrite my scripts to query data.

It took me some time to find the new query endpoints that I could use to
get the information I needed for errata using the information that I
have when I build CentOS Linux 7 packages, but I now have working errata
scripts again.

I am going to announce all the older updates that were previously
pushed, though the dates will be today's date (can't send old dated
emails on the mailing list or they will hit everyone's spam filter
instead :D)

This should solve this problem and announcements should again be more
timely in the future.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes