[Centos-automotive-sig] Status update on the automotive SIG

Fri Dec 3 17:05:07 UTC 2021
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr>

Good Morning Everyone,

Here is a quick update on the work that have happened this week in the
automotive-sig repository.

* New image

In addition to the two existing image (minimal and neptune) we have introduced a
new image type: osbuilder which is meant to give anyone who wants, an easy way
to run osbuild and thus build their own images.
You will therefore find osbuild and its dependencies pre-installed on this
image, but not the automotive-sig repository.

* Sample images

We have created a few images based on the manifests present in the
automotive-sig repository.
You can find them at:
https://pingou.fedorapeople.org/images/
Installing them will be a matter of de-compressing them using `unxz
<filename.xz>`, then flashing them onto a SD card (beware to change `/dev/sda`
to your set-up):
```
dd if=<filenamed.img> of=/dev/sda status=progress bs=4M
```

These images and this location are temporary, in the coming weeks we will be
looking at automating the building of these images and make them accessible via
the documentation at: https://sigs.centos.org/automotive

Happy hacking,
Pierre