[Centos-automotive-sig] Request for new package to the automotive SIG: aquantia-mac-generator

Tue Dec 6 12:11:13 UTC 2022
Brian Masney <bmasney at redhat.com>

Hi all,

I would like to request the following package be added to the
automotive SIG: https://github.com/masneyb/aquantia-mac-generator

The Qualcomm SA8540p Development Board (QDrive3) is one of the boards
that we've been using within Red Hat. The problem is that these
development boards do not have a proper MAC address programmed in the
EEPROM of the 10GB Marvell ethernet NIC and all of the boards come up
with the same MAC address in our lab: 00:17:b6:00:00:00.
Unfortunately, we don't have a solution yet from the hardware
manufacturers about how to program an address into the boards. This
works around the issue by using systemd-networkd to rewrite the MAC
address.

Brian