[Centos-automotive-sig] Introducing the Automotive Stream Distribution

Tue Mar 1 16:42:31 UTC 2022
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr>

Good Morning Everyone!

When the Automotive SIG was launched last August we knew we wanted to build a
place where we could gather inputs and build a community around software for the
automotive industry and link these with the Red Hat and CentOS ecosystems.
As Red Hat has been working on defining its automotive product, it has become
clear that having a public, in development, version of this product would be
beneficial. The idea would be to have it seating between the Automotive SIG and
the Automotive product.

This project has been named: Automotive Stream Distribution

It is meant to be to the automotive product what CentOS Stream is to RHEL. Like
CentOS Stream, Automotive Stream Distribution will be opened to contributions,
using similar mechanisms.

On Wednesday March 2nd at 15:00 UTC, we will have our SIG meeting, during which
we will discuss the Automotive Stream Distribution as well, so join us there or
here!

Looking forward to hear your thoughts,

Pierre