[Centos-automotive-sig] Weekly update on the automotive-sig

Mon May 23 07:43:13 UTC 2022
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr>

Good Morning Everyone,

So here are some of the changes that we have worked on  week:

* Android devices vs chips shortage

It is possible today to create Linux chroot on Android devices. With the chips
shortage going on world wide, getting even a raspberry pi is problematic or
expensive, there are, however, other aarch64 devices that could be used, some
that have less shortage issues: android device.
We are therefore looking at what it would take to do native builds insite a
linux chroot running in an android device.
So if that interests you, stay tune!

Happy hacking!

Pierre