[Centos-automotive-sig] Web server migration

Fri Nov 25 14:55:19 UTC 2022
Michael Ho <micho at redhat.com>

Hi folks,

I am part of the team which has been maintaining the web server hosting the
AutoSD repositories [1]. This web server was a simple aws ec2 vm that
mounted an s3 bucket using goofys and served with apache2. Over time we
have seen issues with the mounts failing sporadically or the server needing
maintenance and have decided to improve the situation there.

We now plan to migrate the server off the ec2 VM and into an OpenShift
cluster available for us. We've prepared a simpler solution where the s3
bucket is synced to the server regularly and this should ease the issues we
see with the mounts failing sometimes. We're currently running a preview
available here [1] and will monitor it for a few days to check its
stability. Feel free to provide comments if you have any feedback/questions.

I'll notify the mailing list again when we plan to migrate but apart from a
short downtime it should be transparent to consumers of these repositories.

Kind regards,
Michael Ho

[1] https://autosd.sig.centos.org/
[2]
https://apache-autosd-webserver.apps.auto-prod.gi0n.p1.openshiftapps.com/

--

Michael Ho

Software Engineer

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com>
<https://www.redhat.com>

Red Hat GmbH <https://www.redhat.com/de/global/dach>, Registered seat:
Werner von Siemens Ring 12, D-85630 Grasbrunn, Germany
Commercial register: Amtsgericht Muenchen/Munich, HRB 153243,
Managing Directors: Ryan Barnhart, Charles Cachera, Michael O'Neill, Amy Ross