[Centos-automotive-sig] container-native ostree

Mon Oct 3 15:24:14 UTC 2022
Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org>

Hi, as CentOS Automotive uses ostree today, I just want to call your attention to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/OstreeNativeContainer
and see also https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/4XSCGIDMIFMP3DU6AYQOBZBMIHZ7J75Y/#CZ7UNVVXXOFIMOPD6YCCU6D7DSX2NBDJ

This functionality is in CentOS Stream 9 today too.

I'm working on a followup Change for this, but I would definitely recommend considering using ostree-containers at least on the *build* side to manage publishing images, etc.  You could create quay.io/centos/automotive:latest *today* and it's really useful to be able to just quickly `podman run` the OS image to inspect it etc.  (The derivation aspect is of course big too, if only for testing)