[CentOS-devel] Circular build dependencies in RHCS packages

Karanbir Singh Mail-Lists at karan.org
Wed Aug 3 15:22:10 UTC 2005

Charlie Brady wrote:
>>> The csgfs testing packages posted for CentOS4, were built on the
>>> regular buildsystem. Nothing was force installed, neither were any
>>> .spec files changed.
>>>

> Thanks, I found them. Do you have a list of packages which were
> installed on the buildsystem? In what order did you build and install
> all of the packages, in order to satisfy all the dependencies? I'm
> curious to know what I've done wrong.

The build runs through lib*, perl* and then runs through descending
order of filenames.src.rpm . Looking at the build date tag on the rpm
tree, you should get an exact idea of the order they were built in.

The build root itself starts with the base, core, development stuff
installed. And will install BuildRequires from a bunch of  yum repos (
which include the entire CentOS tree for that arch, as well as packages
that are just built )

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh   : http://www.karan.org/