[CentOS-devel] SPARC build machines perhaps available soon

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Aug 19 01:10:29 UTC 2005

PARI has been donated three large Enterprise servers; an E6500, and E6000,
and an E5500.  I am in process of arranging shipping and pickup, perhaps
as soon as next week.  Once delivered, I will be setting these beasts up
and checking them out, building drive bays, etc.

The idea is to install Aurora and bring it up to 1.92, then see abut the
buildsystem for CentOS SPARC.

The 6500 is destined to replace our Ultra 30 e-mail server, and might even
become our webserver as well as a potential buildfarm box for CentOS/SPARC
and/or Aurora.

Just wanted to keep people updated on this; exciting!
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology