[CentOS-devel] mysql5 and friends now available in the testing repository.

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Dec 2 19:58:12 UTC 2005

seth vidal wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 11:58 -0500, Jim Perrin wrote:
>
>>MySQL5 and associated packages are now available in the c4-testing
>>repository for i386 and x86_64. It should be fully compatible with
>>current centos4 packages requiring mysql, such as php-mysql etc.
>>Feedback is appreciated.
>>
>>c4-testing repository located here -> http://dev.centos.org/centos/4/
>>

> does this include the perl, python and php mysql/db modules?

Hi Seth,

No, these pkgs do not contain the perl, python, php etc mysql/db modules
- but we've rebuilt and updated the libmysqlclient libraries that the
mysql/db functions in these languages use - so that we can maintain
compatibility without having to rebuilt pretty much everything!

Maybe some details here might come in handy :
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=1124

- K