[CentOS-devel] Errata release system

Connie Sieh

csieh at fnal.gov
Tue Dec 20 17:17:12 UTC 2005

We need to start with this as we only have our developer for 1 month.
He has already written some code for this project.

I see 3 main areas,  some of these we have more done than others.

1.
  a) Determine if there is a new errata
  b) Download description of errata
  c) Download .src.rpm

2.  Build rpm out of .src.rpm

3.
  a) Populate ftp/http areas with new errata
  b) Send mail to mailing list containing description and rpms updated.

I think we both already have item 2.  We currently do item 1 manually.
The populate part of item 3 we have automated along with the list of rpms
updated.  We manually do the descriptions.

So our work will focus on item 1 parts a,b,c and item 3 part b.

Have you done any of this work yet?

Is there someother place where we should be having these discusions.

-Connie Sieh