[CentOS-devel] Errata release system

Tru Huynh

tru at centos.org
Tue Dec 20 17:35:43 UTC 2005

Hello :P

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 11:17:12AM -0600, Connie Sieh wrote:
> We need to start with this as we only have our developer for 1 month.
> He has already written some code for this project.
>
> I see 3 main areas,  some of these we have more done than others.
>
> 1.
>   a) Determine if there is a new errata
>   b) Download description of errata
>   c) Download .src.rpm
>
> 2.  Build rpm out of .src.rpm

2.1 compare the resulting rpms against the genuine one?
(that is the worst part of the QA check from my point of view)
-> manually downloading the $arch.rpm :(
2.2 rpm signing

> 3.
>   a) Populate ftp/http areas with new errata
>   b) Send mail to mailing list containing description and rpms updated.
>
> I think we both already have item 2.  We currently do item 1 manually.
1 (a,b,c) can be triggered by the RHSA's email
1.c can be also done by mirroring updates.redhat.com and push the new
src.rpm to the build process.

> The populate part of item 3 we have automated along with the list of rpms
> updated.  We manually do the descriptions.

> So our work will focus on item 1 parts a,b,c and item 3 part b.
>
> Have you done any of this work yet?
Centos-3 (x86/x86_64) speaking :)  no but the the only scripted feature is the
pre-filled email from the $arch.rpm.
I am sure the CentOS-4 have more progress on this.

> Is there someother place where we should be having these discusions.
#centos-devel ?

Cheers,

Tru
--
Tru Huynh (CentOS-3 i386/x86_64 Package Maintenance)