[CentOS-devel] CentOS art

Tue Dec 13 11:58:26 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 20:37 -0700, Sherman Boyd wrote:
> Here is a template:
>
> http://www.mitosys.com/images/Centos-Install-Graphics.png
>
> and here is a mock up of how it would look during install:
>
> http://www.mitosys.com/images/centos-install-mock-up.png
>
> As you can see in the mockup, the text is crammed pretty tight at 12pt
> sans.  Bold is more readable, but takes up more room.  I suggest black
> for the title, charcoal for the main text and blue for the url.

OK ... that looks pretty good.  Let's go with it. (Thanks for taking the
time :)

> I'd also suggest making as many graphics as possible non version
> specific.  That way we don't have to edit 10 of these each release.  I
> don't really think it's worth investing the time, as you only see
> these splash screens once.  It's better to make them generic and
> professional looking.

Agreed ... none of the them will have CentOS-4.2 or CentOS-3.6, etc.

Only 3 of the ones so far have any version info, and that is the docs,
centosplus, and the welcome screen ... they mention CentOS 4 ... which
should be OK throughout the lifetime of CentOS-4.x (till 2012).  The
other 4 are totally generic and could be used by any centos project.

I am going to do some text for a couple more slides, one for CentOS 4
CS/GFS.  Then I will modify the text a little for the 4 CentOS-4
specific ones (as new pix) for CentOS-3.

After these are finished, we should not need to make any mods to any of
them between releases.

Thank you very much,
Johnny Hughes