[CentOS-devel] Re: A patched kdepim package(for CentOS 4.2) for CJK user

dlion dlion7000 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 15:11:25 UTC 2005

On 10/31/05, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> dlion wrote:
>
> >   The knode patch is not written by me. I only build this kdepim
> > package. It is from a chinese Linux distribution called Magic Linux. You
> > can get the original patch from
> >
> > http://www.magiclinux.org/dev/old-1.2/cd1/SRPMS/kdepim-3.3.2-1mgc.src.rpm
> >
> > The original package is GPLed. So this patch is available under GPL.
> >
> >   I, and some other users, have tested this patch, and it works.
> >
> >   I hope this package can be merged into the CentOS
> > repository(centosplus directory).
>
> I doubt it.  The best course of action is to submit this to redhat,
> http://bugzilla.redhat.com/
> and see if *they* will merge/accept the patch.  If they do, then CentOS
> will follow suit.

I think you missed the point. The point is the packages in centosplus
will not be installed by default. So it WILL NOT HURT. Only those know
about it will try to use it. That's a totally different thing than tell
Redhat and wait, until the patch is available to EVERYONE. Most non-CJK
people do not need it.