[CentOS-devel] PhpMyAdmin in testing repo

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Mon Apr 3 19:27:25 UTC 2006

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 11:11:03AM -0700, Mike Stankovic enlightened us:
> What is the rationale behind phpMyAdmin 2.7.0 as a
> CentOS package? The new introduces a new
> authentication mechanism. How do you plan to handle
> upgrades ie if someone has 2.7.0 and needs to get 2.8?
> I know Gentoo and Debian have phpbb (which I'm not
> concerned about) but they must face similar problems
> with all the security releases.
> Improve the mailing list by performing a simple search before posting and
> reading the faq/etiquette. Thank you!!

I think these reasons are why the phpMyAdmin package will probably go away.
There are too many upgrade issues to keep up with to make it worth packaging.

Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics
Department of Social Work
Ohio University