[CentOS-devel] Missing binary packages for CentOS 4.3 openCryptoki and iprutils?

Pasi Pirhonen

upi at iki.fi
Tue Apr 18 19:03:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 02:27:43PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> This is a resend of a message from last month which got no response....
>

> iprutils and openCryptoki have source rpms in the CentOS 4.3 / RHEL4u3
> update, but there don't appear to be any corresponding binaries. These
> appear to be new packages in the update (not there before u3, unless I'm
> confused). Any idea what's going on here? Thanks!

Come on? Make a little work by yourself?

# rpm -qpi iprutils-2.0.15.6-1.src.rpm
warning: iprutils-2.0.15.6-1.src.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
db42a60e
Name        : iprutils                     Relocations: (not
relocatable)
Version     : 2.0.15.6                          Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 1                             Build Date: Tue Nov 22
18:56:08 2005
Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host:
js20-bc1-9.build.redhat.com
Group       : System Environment/Base       Source RPM: (none)
Size        : 115370                           License: CPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Mon Jan 30 10:27:50 2006, Key ID
219180cddb42a60e
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : http://sourceforge.net/projects/iprdd/
Summary     : Utilities for the IBM Power Linux RAID adapters
Description :
Provides a suite of utilities to manage and configure SCSI devices
supported by the ipr SCSI storage device driver.

Which makes it ppc-only (which it's only built for)

# rpm -qpi openCryptoki-2.1.6-0.40.3.src.rpm
warning: openCryptoki-2.1.6-0.40.3.src.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY,
key ID db42a60e
Name        : openCryptoki                 Relocations: (not
relocatable)
Version     : 2.1.6                             Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 0.40.3                        Build Date: Thu Feb  2
13:45:49 2006
Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host:
spark.z900.redhat.com
Group       : Productivity/Security         Source RPM: (none)
Size        : 544516                           License: Other
License(s), see package
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Fri Feb 10 17:12:38 2006, Key ID
219180cddb42a60e
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         :
http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/opencryptoki
Summary     : Implementation of Cryptoki v2.11 for IBM Crypto Hardware
Description :
The PKCS#11 Version 2.11 api implemented for the IBM Crypto cards.
This package includes support for the IBM 4758 Cryptographic
CoProcessor (with the PKCS#11 firmware loaded) and the IBM eServer
Cryptographic Accelerator (FC 4960 on pSeries)

Hardware
Group:        Productivity/Security

Oh boy? Hadrware crypto card for _mainframe_ ......

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi at iki.fi - http://iki.fi/upi/
Top-postings silently ignored