[CentOS-devel] PhpMyAdmin in testing repo

Tue Apr 4 13:42:55 UTC 2006
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 07:22, Jim Perrin wrote:
> > > do these pkgs maintain upgrade path from 2.7.x series installs via rpm

> > I don't know.

> I'm not sure I like the idea of an rpm
> install/upgrade operating directly on a (production) database.

For what it's worth, the PostgreSQL 8.1 RPMs will not upgrade a previous RPM
based install, either.  You would have found the way previous PostgreSQL RPMs
attempted to do upgrades less than warm and fuzzy, too.  I know I didn't find
them to be warm and fuzzy (and I wrote the procedure!).
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology