[CentOS-devel] iptables-devel in centos 4.4

Milan Keršláger milan.kerslager at pslib.cz
Wed Aug 23 11:29:45 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 01:06:36PM +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Milan Keršláger wrote:
> > What is wrong - you are building kernel with broken compiler even Red
> > Hat does not. Even there is fixed compiler already in place and is
> > usable with not breaking GPL rules.
>
> Oh come on. Not that again. That has all been explained in *detail* in
> <http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=1402>, where you couldn't explain
> either on where to obtain the gcc the kernel has been compiled with by
> the upstream vendor.

The SRC packages are available from Beta channel from RHN. There is a
person from your team who exacly know the version. So grab the SRC
package and rebuild.

If you know GPL you know that this is completly safe.

Building broken kernel is WRONG. The kernel crashes and you know about
it but do not build the kernel correctly. The kernel does not follow 'as
close as possible' RHEL. This is wroong too as you may read in this
thread.

So what are you doing guys? Rules that you are do not follow but talking
about following the rules? This is very very sad.

If you know where the source is and you are unable to grab them, write
to me - simple script is able to put them to any FTP site. I'm using
CentOS and RHN too to give back to Red Hat at least a little.

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager at pslib.cz
                        WWW:    http://www.pslib.cz/ke/