[CentOS-devel] ipp2p package

David Hrbáč

hrbac.conf at seznam.cz
Wed Aug 23 14:49:15 UTC 2006

Karanbir Singh napsal(a):

> re-eng was in ref to how kmod's are handled in yum. we'll use the
> specifications from the url i posted. we want to stay with that so that
> we can inherit and use the yum-kmod stuff.

Well, it's not still clear, what kernel module packages are going to be
in Fedora/RHEL. Decision hasn't been made yet. In Fedora/Extras there's
no kmod package yet.

I can go with kmod in ipp2p, but I guess it doesn't matter since CentOS
is not including contribs. So my post was to people who need ipp2p on
CentOS to know.

It seems to me, that CentOS develop team should clearly express the
rules and aims and really became community project with some Boards,
voting, etc. As to contribs, if centos is not willing to support
contribs, it would be nice if we can decide on 3rd party repository to
send CentOS contribs to. Maybe Dag's one?
David