[CentOS-devel] Installonlyn plugin for yum

Thu Aug 17 09:57:47 UTC 2006

Milan Keršláger wrote:
>>> http://ftp.pslib.cz/pub/users/Milan.Kerslager/RHEL-4/stable/SRPMS/yum-plugin-installonlyn-0.90-1.ker.rhel4.src.rpm
>> This is already in the yum-utils package that is in the extras
>> repository.  It is just not built as a separate package.
>>
>> There are instructions on how to enable it in /usr/share/doc/yum-
>> utils-0.5/plugins/README.centos
>>
>> I guess that we could split it out and make it a standalone package.
>
> Or better follow Fedora Core and put it into the yum package.

we could pull it into the main package, but it would need to stay
disabled - its too major a change in functionality to throw at people
midway during the release.

I am going to vote for a seperate package instead - that can be
installed directly, so something in CentOS-Extras.