[CentOS-devel] Missing yum-plugin-priorities in the Extras

Mon Aug 21 11:44:12 UTC 2006
Milan Keršláger <milan.kerslager at pslib.cz>

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 10:46:04PM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Milan Keršláger wrote:
> >> If you want a package of the current version, it is still available from
> >> the CentOS-Testing tree (<insert note about the risk of using beta
> >> quality software>).
> >
> > I see timestamp 18-Nov-2005 at http://dev.centos.org.
>
> dev.centos.org isnt a public mirror! its just a testing ground for some
> of the stuff we through up and out, please dont treat it like a public
> mirror. we also dont offer any rsync targets or mirrors of
> dev.centos.org, for the reason that as soon as we know something is
> stable - it will move to mirror.centos.org

It's hard to test anything if there is no place to go (or no pointer to
follow).

Suggestion - simplify your stable branch and this allow you to focus
what are you doing now (do do it better). Ie: don't expand too much.
Quality is better than a lot of low quality stuff.

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager at pslib.cz
                        WWW:    http://www.pslib.cz/ke/