[CentOS-devel] Installonlyn plugin for yum

Mon Aug 21 11:47:46 UTC 2006
Milan Keršláger <milan.kerslager at pslib.cz>

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 10:57:47AM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> >> This is already in the yum-utils package that is in the extras
> >> repository.  It is just not built as a separate package.
> >>
> >> There are instructions on how to enable it in /usr/share/doc/yum-
> >> utils-0.5/plugins/README.centos
> >>
> >> I guess that we could split it out and make it a standalone package.
> >
> > Or better follow Fedora Core and put it into the yum package.
>
> we could pull it into the main package, but it would need to stay
> disabled - its too major a change in functionality to throw at people
> midway during the release.

It is not needed. Updates brings change in functionality every time are
released (even from upstream).

This is security enhancement also. Imagine that system boot with older
kernel by mistake - this open the door for script kiddies (or hackers).

So put it in and don't ask. Only write about it in the release info.

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager at pslib.cz
                        WWW:    http://www.pslib.cz/ke/