[CentOS-devel] iptables-devel in centos 4.4

Mon Aug 21 11:55:46 UTC 2006
Milan Keršláger <milan.kerslager at pslib.cz>

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 12:46:38PM -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 15:39 +0200, David Hrbáč wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'd like to ask if iptables-devel package is going to be patched by
> > CentOS team to include all header files. Upstream provider still seems
> > to ignore this bug, even it was fixed in FC5. We need to fix it to
> > simplify automatic build of iptables/kernel modules.
> > Thanks,
> > David Hrbac
>
> Nope ... we build what they provide ... including bugs/

It's not a BUG! You are servind missing devel packages too. So your
strong oposition should be rethinked.

I wonder - you have rules and exceptions. Why do you simply do not put
differencies ro the RELEASE-NOTES and join CentOS/RPMS and addons?
Separate dir is worthless because you have yum and i586 kernels in
CentOS/RPMS already. So this "rule" isn't working from the start
already.

I suggest distro and updates only.

Then think about Extras, Plus and Contrib. This is really too
complicated.

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager at pslib.cz