[CentOS-devel] iptables-devel in centos 4.4

Wed Aug 23 11:56:42 UTC 2006
Milan Keršláger <milan.kerslager at pslib.cz>

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 01:45:17PM +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Milan Keršláger wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 01:06:36PM +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> > > Oh come on. Not that again. That has all been explained in *detail* in
> > > <http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=1402>, where you couldn't explain
> > > either on where to obtain the gcc the kernel has been compiled with by
> > > the upstream vendor.
> >
> > The SRC packages are available from Beta channel from RHN. There is a
> > person from your team who exacly know the version. So grab the SRC
> > package and rebuild.
>
> Oh, you mean that beta channel where 3.4.6-3 was available, which wasn't
> the gcc version either upstream built their kernel rpm with (3.4.6-2)?

-3 has 4 bug more fixed. You never will have 3.4.6-2 even after release
in U4. So where is the problem?

Do you want to build with compiler with 4 more bug fixed or with 5 or 6
more?

> And now take that foot out of your mouth, it really makes you look
> funny.

And you too. Rules only for some people. Really funny.

I was asking to build non-crashing kernel only. Instead of fix I've got
angry people trying to push me out. Really not funny end.

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager at pslib.cz
                        WWW:    http://www.pslib.cz/ke/