[CentOS-devel] possible default changes to yum.conf

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sun Dec 24 01:40:03 UTC 2006

David Hrbáč wrote:
> Jim Perrin napsal(a):
>> Sounds reasonable to me.
>>
> To me too. I'd like to see yum-plugin-fastestmirror and fasttrack repo
> enabled by default too.

considering the fasttrack released packages are not officially
supported, Vendors are quite right in not expecting them to be
installed. That repo should not be enabled by default. If and when they
do make it into release, the packages make their way down to the base os
repo anyway.

Its a user choice to make, they must have the option and an opt-in is,
imho, the way to make that work.