[CentOS-devel] CentOS Testing repository openldap-2.3.27.el4.centos with smbk5pwd for i386 and x86_64

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Sun Dec 31 13:50:35 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-25 at 12:52 -0600, Johnny Hughes wrote:

There where a few things wrong with my directions :(

> This version requires you to upgrade your databases if you are using a
> bdb backend ... you need to save your data before you upgrade ..
> something like this:
> cd
> service ldap stop
> slapcat > slapcat.out
> upgrade RPMS
> cd /var/lib/ldap
> remove all old databases
> make sure you have a DB_CONFIG file in /var/lib/ldap
> modify your /etc/openldap/slapd.conf file to point to these (they used
> to be in /var/run with no openldap dir):
> pidfile         /var/run/openldap/slapd.pid
> argsfile        /var/run/openldap/slapd.args
> also add this index to slap.conf:
> index uniqueMember pres
> see the above listed README file if you want to add smbk5pwd
> slapadd ~/slapcat.out

(should be):

slapadd -l ~/slapcat.out

> chown -R ldap.ldap /var/lib/ldap
> slaptest
> slapindex -v

(Prior to restarting ldap, you need to look at the permissions of the
files again ... sometimes when running slapindex the files are produced
as root and not ldap.  I did not see a way to pass in the user name. So,
another chown here will prevent issues):

chown -R ldap.ldap /var/lib/ldap

> service ldap start

That should work ... I have moved this version of openldap into
production on my companies samba PDCs ... it seems to work well.

Johnny Hughes