[CentOS-devel] Re: kernel in testing

Charlie Brady

charlieb-centos-devel at budge.apana.org.au
Fri Dec 22 03:09:09 UTC 2006

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Karanbir Singh wrote:

>>> [1/1]
>>> WARNING:
>>> /lib/modules/2.6.9-42.28.EL.c4test/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/powernow-k8.ko
>>> needs unknown symbol cpu_online_map
>>
>> I get the same message during installation.
> Also, you got an Athlon powernow-k8 message on the CoreDuo laptop ?? Can you
> please provide the output from /proc/cpuinfo and dmesg please ( attach it at
> a bug report at http://bugs.centos.org/ and let us know the bug no please )

I don't think that cpuinfo and dmesg will help. I think this is error
output from depmod. It means that powernow-k8 has been built, but there is
no cpu_online_map defined in any other module. A makefile problem,
perhaps. Probably harmless (will anything attempt to load powernow-k8 on
that hardware?).