[CentOS-devel] Re: kernel in testing

Charlie Brady

charlieb-centos-devel at budge.apana.org.au
Fri Dec 22 23:10:15 UTC 2006

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Charlie Brady wrote:
>> I don't think that cpuinfo and dmesg will help. I think this is error
>> output from depmod. It means that powernow-k8 has been built, but there is
>> no cpu_online_map defined in any other module. A makefile problem, perhaps.
>> Probably harmless (will anything attempt to load powernow-k8 on that
>> hardware?).
>
> why not ? it _is_ x8664 hardware ..

Sure, but the reported issue has nothing to do with *running* the software
on the hardware. It's error output from the %post script as the kernel RPM
is installed. IIUC, it indicates that there is an internal inconsistency
in the content of that kernel RPM (as I indicated in my earlier message) -
but one which will have no functional consequences.