[CentOS-devel] wrong "Suggested resolutions" when try to install httpd by hand

Roger Peña Escobio

orkcu at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 26 15:13:44 UTC 2006

--- danieldk at pobox.com wrote:

/media/cdrecorder/CentOS/RPMS/httpd-2.0.52-28.ent.centos4.i386.rpm:
> > V3DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 443e1821
> > error: Failed dependencies:
> >         apr >= 0.9.4-24.2 is needed by
> [snip]
>
> This is basic package management stuff, please read
> the rpm manual.
my problem was not about howto solve dependencies by
hand.
I just wanted to point a very small, and cosmetic, bug
I expect to be show _just_ the package name and not
the _full_ path to the packages that solve the
dependencies problem
I guess the way to solve this is to fix some spec
file, I dont know for sure, and there is a great
probability that I get the same problem with RHEL too
(upstreams bug :-) ) but I felt I should report this
because in this yum-update-apt days, when dependencies
are auto solved, there was a chance nobody know the
problem  yet

cu
roger