[CentOS-devel] possible default changes to yum.conf

Sun Dec 24 01:45:21 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

> To me too. I'd like to see yum-plugin-fastestmirror and fasttrack repo
> enabled by default too.

I disagree with this part. Plugins should be set enabled by default
only because no plugins ship with yum, and a user must enable the
Extras (or other repo) to get them.

The default repositories are fine, and while the fasttrack repository
is certainly a good thing, it should not be the default, as it is not
enabled by default upstream either, and some packages in fasttrack may
change before they actually make it to the base/updates repositories.

George Orwell