[CentOS-devel] malloc(): memory corruption

Wed Dec 27 13:17:16 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

> I run httpd with our site and get in error_log:
>
> *** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x000000552b92eda0 ***
> [Wed Dec 27 06:45:16 2006] [notice] child pid 3646 exit signal Aborted (6)
>
> for 50% query.

What additional software is running with httpd? php, tomcat, java applets, etc?
Is there a common feature among requests which draw this error?

> This is present on 4 servers. I don't think about hardware memory problem.
>
> What I can do for fix it?
Need to find out what's causing it first. Then we can work on fixing it.

George Orwell