[CentOS-devel] Yum Extender 0.99 (Development) for CentOS 4.2

Johnny Hughes

Sat Feb 11 08:55:50 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 15:12 +0100, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
> Hi
> If you want to try out the latest bleeding development edition of Yum
> Extender 0.99
> Then you can get it here.
>
> http://linux.rasmil.dk/dnl/yumex-devel/centos4/099/
>
> Tim Lauridsen
> Yum Extender Developer
> http://linux.rasmil.dk/yumex

I want to take the time to publicly thank Tim for his response to the
CentOS project.

Since lots of people want to use yumex with CentOS (or at least a GUI
front end for CentOS ... and yumex is the best we have found), and since
the newer versions of yumex were not functioning with CentOS, we asked
Tim if he would get us a good version that we could use.

Tim not only did a new version of yumex 0.44.x for us to look at, he
also back ported his newest yumex code (0.99.x) for yum-2.5.x back to
make it work with yum-2.4.x (specifically for CentOS).

Tim has agreed to work with us in making yumex work better in CentOS,
even going so far as allowing us to assign him as a contact point for
yumex bugs in CentOS.

We greatly appreciate Tim's extra effort for the CentOS project, and
expect a version yumex to be part of the main CentOS repos sometime
soon.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes