[CentOS-devel] Yum Extender 0.99 (Development) for CentOS 4.2

Tue Feb 14 12:57:33 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 12:33 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Green wrote:
> >>is there any reason you dont want to try the 0.99.6-2 version now in
> >>dev.centos.org ? also please post positive comments to the
> >>bugs.centos.org tracker - it helps us much more there
> >>
> >>please also let us know what arch and release of centos you are using
> >

> > Thank you.
> > I would like to compare this yumex-0.44-4.0.centos4.noarch.rpm with
> > a newest 0.99.6-2 version and what would happen then.
> >
> > Here I use them at an i386 arch and CentOS 4.2 release.
> > Japanese localization is good enough for yumex-0.44-4.0,
> > while some funshion keys are shown in English, instead of Japanese
> > for the 0.99.6-2 version.
> >
> > Thanks, in advance.
> >
> > P.S. - if you would, I can upload actual screenshots of both of them.
>
> There is a new update being pushed out in the next few minutes, I'd
> recommend you wait for that.
>
> - K

Tim has been very busy with this :)

OK, there is now a new version of yumex available:

yumex-0.99.7-1.0.c4.noarch.rpm

it is in the testing repo:

yum --enablerepo c4-testing update yumex

The above command should get it for you if have the testing repo
installed.

If you don't have the testing repo file on your PC, you can put the file
CentOS-Testing.repo in /etc/yum.repos.d/

http://dev.centos.org/centos/4/CentOS-Testing.repo

This version fixes several items, including:

1.  Groups now function properly.
2.  Items in the action queue are now marked in the Install, Remove and
Update windows.
3.  YumEx now writes to the /var/log/yum.log when taking actions.
4.  Yum Plugins work with this version.

If you are using any version of YumEx with CentOS, I recommend this
version instead.

Thank you very much Tim.

-------
Johnny Hughes