[CentOS-devel] This might be of interest to CentOS developers

Alexandru E. Ungur

alexandru at globalterrasoft.ro
Tue Jan 17 12:59:24 UTC 2006

>>> sender: "Karanbir Singh" date: "Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 12:43:04PM +0000" <<<EOQ
> hey, thanks for posting that - its interesting.
You're welcome :)

> Alexandru E. Ungur wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >My fiance (who was recently converted to CentOS ;) from Slackware) found
>
> so... she saw the light :)
:)
Slack was cool, but CentOS offers a much smoother desktop experience...
Besides I don't have to update her system aymore, now she can yum it herself :)

> works in this case would only involve the scripts ( if any, you could
> actually do it all by hand, might end up with finger stress and a bad
> case of keyboard rundown ... but hey, could be done ). The Code itself
> is all licensed under Open Source Licenses ( various different names /
> specifics - but its all open source ).
>
> Maybe artwork and other code additions that his person has created,
> might also be included in his own restrictive (c)....
>
> But,  I am not sure what that person is trying to do ?
That I don't know, it just seemed weird that someone wanted to this when
they could just as well use CentOS... or WBEL or whatever... What intrigued
me was the ideea that 'hey these guys are definitely not doing it for fun!'...
they aren't doing it being driven by the Open Source principles... They just
want to 'buy a free Linux'...
Weird.

Alex