[CentOS-devel] Feedback request

Mon Jan 9 16:17:03 UTC 2006
Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov>

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 09:55 -0500, Matt Hyclak wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 09:53:13AM -0500, Jim Perrin enlightened us:
> > If you are using the c4-testing repository from http://dev.centos.org/
> > please consider providing feedback about the rpms you're using either
> > here to the devel list with a quick email, or (my preference, but open
> > for discussion/suggestions) via bugs.centos.org. We need the feedback
> > for packages to be able to move them to centosplus, extras,addons, or
> > where-ever else they're destined to go.  Your feedback will help us to
> > provide stable packages that benefit everyone.

In order to get more testers/feedback, how about posting the
availability of test packages (with appropriate caveats about the nature
of the packages, and outlining desired bug-reporting procedures) to
centos-announce at centos.org?

> If you want feedback through bugs.centos.org, I would suggest opening a
> ticket when a new RPM (set) is created, and include the link in the
> announcement so that there is one spot that gets feedback, not to mention it
> will help you track how long that software has been available, etc.

Good idea.  Looked for ticket entries on the firefox test version 1.5
I've been using and found nothing.

Either approach seems OK, or perhaps a combination - a bugs.centos.org
report with details and an e-mail with a pointer to the report to devel
list.

Phil