[CentOS-devel] Re: [CentOS] boot on raid Was: why was LILO removed from centOS 4.2?

Fri Jul 7 03:16:49 UTC 2006
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 21:55, Feizhou wrote:

> > And apologies for the confusion of reviving a very old thread - it
> > sorted oddly in my mailbox and caught my attention. Anyway, I hope the
> > information was useful.
>
> FC5 grub does raid installation properly and therefore so will RHEL5 and
> Centos 5.

But can it do the 'install on raid with a missing mirror' so
you can add it any time later?  It would be a nice trick
to match what you can do with windows server and this
vmware appliance:
http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/316
which is raid-mirror a running physical machine to matching
partitons under vmware via iscsi, then shut down the physical
machine and boot up the vmware copy with minimal downtime.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com