[CentOS-devel] Getting CentOS up to date on SPARC

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jun 21 15:22:05 UTC 2006

Daniel de Kok wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 16:14 +0200, Daniel de Kok wrote:
>> The reason I am asking is because I have seen some cheap Netra X1s on
>> the net at low prices, and it seems like a fun project for the
>> summer :).
>
> Ah, I see that most or all updates for SPARC are at 4.3 level. My bad!

We are presently looking for a Sparc maintainer ( or two, would be
better ) - Pasi has way too much work on his plate at the moment and is
also already doing ( and will continue to do so, for the time being )
his other arch's ( ia64/ s390(x) / Alpha ). But he has expressed desire
to resign the Sparc build.

If you are interested, and have the time to spend this might be
something you can get involved with ?

Would a NetraX1 be beefy enough to be a build box ?

- KB